St. Patrick’s Day has always been a big deal in America. The first parade was actually held in 1601 in St, Augustine, Florida.
This year, more people than ever are expected to celebrate the holiday, and there are fun ways to do so with the kids.
Here are some ideas from “The Every Mom”:
- Make and Set Leprechaun Traps. “The trap can be made of any supplies your child finds around the house! Shoe boxes, construction paper, popsicle sticks, and plastic straws may all come in handy here. Tempting the leprechaun with gold is key to this imaginative activity, which, of course, always ends with the tricky leprechaun eluding the trap!”
- Make Shamrock Decorations and Other Crafts.
- Use Green Food Dye Anywhere and Everywhere. That includes the toilet!
- Make St. Patrick’s Day Food and Drinks. That, of course, includes corned beef.
- Enjoy Irish Music and Dance.
- Go to a St. Patty’s Day Parade.